| Primary home in the Ranch where I stayed |
What did I do?
| Chelsea and I ... she is really my little sister! |
| Osobampo - one of the nearby communities where there are Bible Studies |
| Ladies Bible Study at Osobampo where I was privileged to share |
| Preparing for worship at Tesia |
| Church at Tesia |
| Sunday Morning Church at Navojoa |
Why was I sick?
Well, I must have picked something up on the flights down or at the hotel where I spent the night or something ... I got there with a sore throat and compounded with the dry dust in the air and everywhere, I ended up with a sinus infection. Last time I went, I did too, so I am not surprised. I didn't sleep much the first week, at first because it was a new place (as usual), then because of the sinus infection. So, I became a clutz and I kept injuring myself!! It was just laughable ... and we did laugh a lot!!!!!
Mourning with those that mourn and Rejoicing with those that rejoice
One very difficult time during the trip was when a young boy, 8 years old, went to be with the Lord. He loved the Lord and was a sweet boy that I was able to meet while I was there. He had been born with a heart defect and had one surgery that had been successful and had improved is quality of life such that he could walk and have a bit more energy. As he went for his second surgery, we were all hopeful of great results. It was completely unexpected, but he had complications and didn't make it more than a day after the surgery. There was sorrow for the family and friends left behind as he rejoiced and went on to be with the Lord. The cultural and also close knit family experience was priceless. The gospel was shared during the burial and it is evident that the Lord has been glorified through the life and death of this boy.
| Burial: Written in Spanish "For to me, to live is Christ, and to die is gain." Philippians 1:21 |
There are so many impressions and blessings that are hard to express, but I hope this gives a bit of an image. I can't express why, but I find myself longing to go back, fellowship with the people, see the places. It is unclear in my heart if the Lord will have me be there long term, but I do long to return and I am praying for the Lord's guidance for the future.
For my best pictures of the trip (I am still missing a couple more days), check out:
https://picasaweb.google.com/principlepassion/MexicoTripMayJune2011?authkey=Gv1sRgCIyPjJX_0f-y1wE&feat=directlink
Oh T, it sounds like an intense trip! But I can tell from your writing that you were blessed with the joy of the Lord. I will pray for the boy's family and friends.
ReplyDelete